11 March 2006

For you..

If I could catch a rainbow I would do it just for you,
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue

If I could build a mountain I would do it just for you,
You could call your very own,
A place to find serenity, A place to be alone

If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me

I cannot build a mountain, Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there

- Kahlil Gibran -

5 Visitors shared their thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem.

I attempted a reply
...
I shouldn't be given a rainbow by you,
even though it may add color,
When i am down and feeling blue.

I cant use a mountain to be alone,
when i cant find peace in a mind, that is already my own.

U can toss this trouble in to the sea,
I will be thankful..
But more troubles will come to me.

You dont have to unearth a mountain or steal a rainbow or pollute the sea :)
Just stand by me..
And i will be happy:)
...

.:: ROSH ::. said...

Nice poem Iris.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Magic.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holi:)

.:: ROSH ::. said...

Thanks Iris, wishing u a Happy Holi too.